Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Derma Roller Experience: So Painful!

Yesterday (Saturday) I switched my skin clinic one to see what the other skin clinic could offer. I am a regular customer of Nisce Skin Clinic but after a while I got this gutsy feeling to try this skin clinic which is established longer in our place than Nisce. This skin clinic is already operating since 1996 (I guess), and Nisce is around 2005 (I think).
However, I go to Nisce when I got my job and have enough money to have facials once every two months or longer. Since I have a lot of acne scars because I did not care for them before, I want to have a diamond peel on this clinic. When I got to this clinic, I was surprised that their price is almost half the price for a diamond peel at Nisce. But while I was interviewed by their staff, they recommended me to have a derma rolling (DR) instead. The price is about Php 3800 pesos but the medicines and other topical creams are not yet included. Since they somewhat convinced me to do it, I opted for DR. However, I made them clear to them that I do not want to have a red face when I got back to work on Monday. They all assured me (three of them and I could see their sincerity-I just don't know if they were). Since I also read about derma rolling before, I thought I was just Ok. So, they lead me into a cramped room since there were three beds on a 3m x 4m room area. The airconditioning cannot be felt because I saw it was set on 26 deg Celcius and there was an exhaust fan turned on beside it. I thought, who cares about this as long as a get a great service on my skin. So, they did a facial on me. Disinfectant, then a facial scrub (with slight cooling since I could feel a mint on the scrub), then pricking on my blackheads and whiteheads. Unlike Nisce, creams/gels, etc. that were applied on my face were done manually by the attendant while in Nisce, everything is done with a machine/electric tool. Only did I see an electric tool when they "brushed" my skin. I say "brushed" because I saw a machine that looked like an electric toothbrush which was used on my face. After the facial, they put me into a steamer. The attendant forgot to position the steamer properly when she left so I had to adjust the steamer myself so that it could steam directly on my face. Then after the steamer went off, there was a masseur who gave me a massage but I think it was not appropriate and needed since I went to their clinic to have a facial service. She massaged me for almost 30 minutes and then afterwards the attendant put a numbing cream on my face and wrapped it with a plastic sheets. She said derma rolling will start after one hour while waiting for the numbing cream to feel its effect. So while waiting, I dozed off so when it was time for my derma rolling I was awaken by the doctor (the dermatologist). Then, they removed the plastic and then came my biggest regret: the derma rolling was painful. I think there were four attendants beside me holding me so that I could not hit the doctor due to intense pain (of course I would not hit her, I am civilized enough to control my feelings). Every second of it was a real torture on my part. I wished on that moment I could just passed out but the doctor kept on asking questions which I don't really remember due to intense pain. I just nodded to all her questions just not to be rude. After 30 minutes of derma rolling, it was over. I feel relieved but I could smell blood. That's when it hit me that my face was bleeding because of derma rolling! WTF, how will this be healed on just one day? Since I cannot do anything about it already I just decided to just pay for the total cost after the session. To my surprise, my bill went up to Php 5690 for the whole service and a kit which include: one collagen cream, one vit-vit cream, one sunblock lotion, seven pieces of clear gel (looks like vit. E), and seven pieces of white capsule ( I don't have any idea what it is).  Then, the doctor insisted that I should be back next week to see the result and if I needed more sessions of derma rolling. Yeah right. But we will see. I have not yet decided yet.

my bloody face 1



my bloody face 2

2 comments:

  1. Just curious did you ever get back to have 2nd session of DR??? and what happened after the healing process??? care to share it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened to your face ? Can i suggest u to try herbal like bayabas to clean ur skin.Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete